Little Blessings

A few days ago I was grocery shopping and I walked up to one of those stands where you rip off plastic bags for produce. I approached it about the same time another gentleman did but he ripped off the bag first and then smiled and handed it to me. It was the smallest of kind gestures but it stayed with me these last few days.
The more I thought about it, the more I understood that it really doesn’t take much to show someone else a kindness. We all have opportunities to extend ourselves during the course of a day. Some small, some a little larger. These small acts of kindness that we show others may only take a moment of our time but the lasting impression we leave on others may last much longer.

So whether or not you are celebrating Thanksgiving, my wish is that each of you receive and extend a kindness today, because we never know where little blessing may lead.

Happy Thanksgiving!

65 thoughts on “Little Blessings

1. Miriam

I so agree with you George and we can extend these small acts of kindness every single day. Happy Thanksgiving. May the kindnesses we’re all exchanging here last way beyond this season.

2. Janis

Exactly! Just the other day, a woman pulled a cart from the line-up, saw me waiting to get mine, then offered me hers. It made me smile and I paid it forward by letting someone get in front of me in line. Hopefully that kindness spilled over onto someone else. It just takes a moment and costs us so little, if anything at all. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

That’s what happens when something does something nice, we have a been to pay it forward which is why these small kindnesses keep adding up…:) Thanks, Janis. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving..:)

3. Osyth

Kindness, however insignificant is like an intoxicating scent that stays in the subconscious forever and when repeated floods us with warm memories. We should never ever skirt around an opportunity to be kind. I wish you and your loved ones a Thanksgiving full of joy and laughter and a year ahead brimful of reasons to give thanks afresh

Love this George. It doesn’t take much to show a little kindness & this is a perfect example of how such a little gesture can set a tone & stay with us. Wishing you & your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

I appreciate when these moments of kindness happen, George. They do spill over like an overflowing cup. . . So much better than the half full cup we may have started our day! 😊
    Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoy the weekend, too. Smiles, Robin

It is a different one from what we expected, George. I hope yours was wonderful!
        Some rather scary parts. . .Thank you! I will post about it tomorrow after everyone has had a chance to enjoy their holiday weekend. πŸ™‚

6. aFrankAngle

Yep – simple acts makes life a lot easier … and just like this one, the little thing just may stick with someone who passes it on. This is a great thought for any day! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

7. candidkay

Oh, I love this one. I often think it’s the little things that make a real difference in our days. The clerk that is truly helpful, or the fellow shopper who is thoughtful. So simple, right?

8. Hugh's Views and News

Such a lovely story, George. I always hold a door open if someone is following me into the same building and always allow those leaving to come out first before I enter. I also make a point of smiling and saying good morning. Not everyone replies back, but I hope that I’ve made someone’s day with my smile and greeting. πŸ˜€
    Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I recall hearing recently about a young woman who lives in southern California, and who was trying to find this gentleman, who with a smile, wished her a good day. She said that she was contemplating suicide that day, but after that small act of kindness, she stopped thinking about following through with the idea. She said that that small gesture changed her life and that today she is not only married but successful as well. Shows that you never know what kind of impact your kind words might have.