42 thoughts on “What Do Millennials Consider Old?

1. Carrie Rubin

Loved this video. Having done 60 minutes of circuit training this morning, including 30 push-ups (and not on my knees), I’m thrilled to see these young people get an attitude adjustment. 🙂

It was fun watching the transition of perception…:) Truth be told, when I was in my 20’s I thought 50 was old but we are much more active than our parents were. The world of aging has changed dramatically.

2. Jodi

Oh George! I LOVE this! I am going to share on my FB page! Cheers to aging with dignity and grace and respect! In the beginning – I was OLD at 53, now maybe not so much – LOL!

That is so enlightening. What a change of perspective and attitude. Old today surely doesn’t look like it used to….thankfully. ☺ And by the way, George, do you remember in our time that we “shouldn’t trust anyone over 30” ??? Flashback.

4. lisakunk

I’m so glad these folks got a new view of life. At 56, I feel like I’m looking through my 30 year old eyes (until I look in a mirror) and am surprised when my body doesn’t know it should be just 30.

This is an amazing video. What a great find. I think age is a state of mind, which I know sounds so cliche. One of my best friends is 71 and I’m close to 47, but we have so much in common. It’s good for young people to recognize their “elders” have health, vitality, and something to offer. Thanks for sharing.

I agree that age is a state of mind. We can learn from everyone as long as we don’t allow perceptions of others to form our opinions without really knowing or understanding. When it comes to age I’m sure the reverse is true and older people may sometimes make certain assumption about the young. I love the fact that you have a good friend who is so much older than you. What a great perspective of life she must bring to your own.

6. joylovestravel

Great video George – they’re spot on with the text thing for me!! I remember thinking 40 was ancient but before I knew it I’d reached that milestone!! My father now in his late 70’s refers to the old folk, it’s all relative!

7. Pingback: Opinions in the Shorts: Vol. 299 – A Frank Angle

8. Val

Hi, I came by via a comment you left in Ann Coleman’s blog, and am glad I did. Great video! I’m not surprised by how the younger people had perceived ‘old’ to begin with, it’s hard for many, unless people regularly meet others older (or younger) than themselves, to comprehend that there might be more similaries than differences. I’m in my mid-sixties but was born to and brought up by parents who had me in their late thirties, so I mixed with people much older than myself from the start and that formed my opionions that were very different from most of my contemporaries.

Hi, Val…thank you for visiting and commenting. I agree with your thoughts. Like you, I’m in my mid 60’s and my parents were in their mid 30’s when they had me so I was also around older people when I was younger. In my teens I worked in the kitchen of a nursing home and used to stop in and talk to some of the residents there after I was done working. I’ve always believed there is much to learn from every generation and no one has all the answers regardless of age or experience. We all have much to learn from each other.
      Glad you stopped by..:)