My Vote In November

After watching several debates of both parties and giving it serious consideration, I decided that I will cast my vote in November for…

Decency and Integrity.

Please let me know when either one shows up on the ballot.

40 thoughts on “My Vote In November

1. davidprosser

I thought those two words were misnomers applied to politicians? Actually I thought Bernie Sanders sounded OK or has he now been written off by Hilary Clinton who I’m not sure knows the meaning of decency and integrity.
    Hugs

Lol…you’re right, David. Those words don’t usually apply. Lots of people like him and he seems like a decent person. He just hasn’t explained how he’s going to do the things he wants to do.

2. sportsattitudes

I’m going to be fascinated to see how many people come out to vote for President this Fall. On one hand I can see a monster turnout; on the other a monster avoidance. I certainly plan to cast a ballot. I certainly don’t know who to vote for. (I think your selections look to be write-ins at best)

Lol…you’re right about the write-ins Bruce. I will also vote but like you, I haven’t a clue at the moment.
      I have a feeling, based on who is on the ballot, it could be a very high turnout.

George, are you sure those two candidates are even on the ballot? I haven’t seen Decency or Integrity at any single debate, yet. When did those two get into the race? You’ll note I only suggested two party’s, as they appear to be the only options presented to us voters these days. Maybe they’re independent candidates? I’d write em in, but I doubt they would be considered by Trump followers, or any other voters for that matter, as most people are resigned to egotistical, power hungry, money grabbing, along party line, ignorant of the people candidates, ultimately winning this election anyway. Hell, I’m still trying to figure out why we have to select from the lesser of two evils! Couldn’t we press for more options? Nah…maybe we better not. That would probably just result in more evil candidates we’d have to choose from. Don’t want to gum up the works anymore than we already have too. Maybe we could choose to VOTE OUT all of our—do nothing—Congress, since the majority are only self-serving Republicans anyway, and don’t do anything except what is in their party’s best interest. Darn, now all I want to do is vote somebody out and nobody in!!! Look what you’ve gone and done, George. Now I’m reluctant to call myself American, because I’m not very proud of our party controlled politicians and their self-serving policies. They’re obviously not about we the people. Hey, maybe we could just select human-beings to run for office! Now there’s an idea. However, that means changing our entire system of government (practically impossible) and we already tried that once already—200 years ago. What a mess this has become.

Lol…Unfortunately, We The People are words that are only spoken about in history books. You’re right, neither of my choice of candidates has shown up so I’m probably going to do a write-in for all the good that will do me. It won’t be the first time I’ve done that.
      I don’t know how we got here, Paul but I don’t see an exit sign anywhere. This is reality television at its worst. I wonder what the rest of the world thinks of us. Pretty sad.

4. dianasschwenk

I wish you and my southern neighbours luck! It’s sad when you have to vote for the ‘most decent’ or worse, ‘the least offensive.’ It happens everywhere, not us the US. 😦 ❤
    Diana xo

5. aFrankAngle

Amen … but it’s very sad.

As you know, I follow politics and the topics appears on my blog. On the other hand, I haven’t watched any of the debates … none … and one is on as I enter this comment.

Here I reside .. in Ohio … one of the prize swing states … one with a governor as a candidate .. yet why don’t I watch? 1) I won’t be voting in the upcoming Republican primary in Ohio … 2) i won’t be voting in the upcoming Democratic primary in Ohio … 3) The candidates generally don’t answer the questions, and if they come close, the answer is from a row boat 200 miles off shore with the candidates rowing toward shore with toothpicks.

lol…how sad is that. I watch but I never last very long. It’s impossible to stomach the nonsense for any extended period of time. I guess I keep hoping that someone will surprise me but we know that won’t happen.

The more I listen to him, the more I’m convinced that your governor is the only person running that possesses decency and integrity. I don’t know how well he governed but he appears to be a very genuine person, which is a rarity in politics.

I am SO with you on this one! I’ve been watching for decency and integrity for quite a while now, but haven’t seen it from either party. And I know I should do my civic duty and vote, but….how do I vote when there’s no one I want to vote for? And the sad thing is, I know that both parties have good people who could do a good job as President, but they never seem to be the ones who decide to run. It seems that the person who is the loudest and most outrageous, or the one who flings the most mud most effectively, or most important of all, the one who makes the most false promises is the one who always emerges as the leader of the pack. But I don’t think that’s what most Americans really want. And I think we deserve better.

7. Shelley

Unfortunately we claim we want decent candidates with integrity, but then the media ( with our blessing–we watch and read that crap)!goes on a hunt to dig up any thing that person has ever done in their entire life that shows a lack thereof.

Although Hillary is far from a perfect candidate, Donald Trump is more “shoot from the hip” than the guy that started a war over nonexistent weapons of mass destruction.

I agree that Bernie has integrity and decency. So did Jimmy Carter. A fine, fine man. A failed president.
    I HATED Nixon way back when, but as a president, he did some very good things.

Maybe we need to focus on what they have done, what their policies are and who will do the least damage going forward.

I agree it is sad. I wish I knew how to fix it.

I just hope people look long and hard at the candidate who encourages violence against other Americans who happen to look or think differently.

I couldn’t agree more with all you had to say, Shelly. I do find it hard to understand how we can’t find two worthwhile candidates in a country of a few hundred million people. Maybe the good ones are choosing not to run or get into politics.