So I received this Freestyle Writing Challenge from http://www.edwinasepisodes.com who always has interesting posts and challenges and thought I’d give it a shot.
Here are the rules:
1. Open a blank document.
2. Set a stop watch timer to 5 or 10 minutes, whichever length you prefer.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH YOUR TIMER!!!
4. Once you start writing do not stop until the alarm sounds! Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar using spell check (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write with correct spelling and grammar.)
5. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation or capitals
6. At the end of your post write down the number of words to give an idea of how much you can write within the time Frame.
7. Put the whole document onto your post and nominate 5 others and give them a new topic. Remember to copy paste the rules in!
What Music Gets You Up On The Dance Floor
Well, this is an easy question to answer. Since I don’t dance very much there isn’t much that gets me up on the dance floor, with the exception of slow songs. It’s not that I don’t love music; actually the opposite is true. But I don’t dance very well and because I’m tall I’ve probably always been a little self-conscious. I mean the last thing you want to do when you’re not good at something is stick out in the crowd while you’re embarrassing yourself.
The only time I’ll get up when it’s not a slow song is when Runaround Sue by Dion and the Belmont’s comes on. There’s something about that song that seems to cross generations and gets everyone up regardless of your ability to dance.
I wish I was a better dancer or that I wasn’t so self-conscious. I watch people on the dance floor, see how they have no inhibitions and imagine how much fun that can be, though quite honestly, some people should be standing next to me instead of being out there. Sometimes I just want to turn away and not watch the wreck that’s occurring.
My wife, on the other hand, loves to dance and I feel bad about that but she always finds someone to fill my spot out there while I get a head start on the wedding cake. So you see, there are some benefits to my lack of talent in this area.
248 words Eight minutes.
I always feel bad about putting people on the spot and nominating them to participate in a challenge so I nominate all of you, if you would like to participate. Your question is…..
If you were invited to someones home for dinner and the meal was the worst thing you’d ever tasted, what would you do?