Slapping Stupidity

There really isn’t much that sets me off to the point of immediate anger. You can count them on one hand with fingers left over. Disrespect is one of those things. Its a trigger point for me.  I’ve seen too much of it directed at women, the elderly, those less fortunate, even children.

I don’t know how this woman kept herself under control as well as she did but she said she’s dealt with it far too often so maybe you find a way to cope. I’m not a woman so I really don’t know.

Don’t you just want to slap the smug stupidity off the faces of this human garbage? The first guy talking even takes off his sunglasses so there is no mistaking the apparent pride he feels in making these comments. The other excuse for wasted DNA suggests that because they say these types of things at soccer games in England, its okay to do the same thing here and believes his mother would die laughing when she saw this.

Really?

Let me tell you what I would do. If either of these stenches worked for me, assuming they even have jobs, their personal belongings would be at the front door the next morning. I wouldn’t want them contaminating my building any more than they already have. Then I’d have a serious conversation with their supervisors because I’m pretty sure this conduct is not  specific to soccer games.

If they were my significant other, their clothes and personal items would be in the dumpster. In flames.

As far as being a parent to one of these genetic mistakes, I don’t think laughter would be an initial response, though again, I’m confident this type of behavior didn’t show up that day. Respect is learned over time.

The worthless excuse for a security guard who stood there with a half-smile on his face as he picked up his camera time? Unemployment line with those other putrid abominations of waste. Standing around doing nothing is just as bad as the insults.

This is the cleaned up version of what I’d really like to say.

Sorry…..but this stuff just gets under my skin.

28 thoughts on “Slapping Stupidity

1. Jennifer's Journal

Sickening, isn’t it? I’m still trying, and failing, to wrap my mind around the whole, misguided “game” these morons are perpetuating. Lack of respect, immaturity, stupidity, and misogyny is rampant in this world, apparently.

2. Paul

As someone who lives near Toronto, this was absolutely disgusting. This reporter has covered so many big stories that were live, like when we had a G20 Summit riot in our streets a few years ago. Our soccer team has the rowdiest fans in the league, but this gives all of them a bad name. The guy at the 1 minute mark got fired from his six figure job and everyone involved was banned from attending any stadium owned by Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, which is close to all of them in the city.

Glad to know he lost his job. I wonder if what happened changed their lives in a more positive way or if they are the same disrespectful individuals they showed themselves to be. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Flop til you drop "FTYD"

This is why I like you George.

They had to be drunk (not that’s an excuse) – I love that she called them on it. I hope they are embarrassed the following day and hope their mom’s called them on it.

I’m trying desperately to teach my children respect in a part of Southern CA, that has lost it- when I was single, the men in Orange county, that grew up wealthy- were the WORST. Especially, if they knew you didn’t come from $$, they thought it was okay to speak to us like loose women/no values/street walkers. I was floored. Not that I’m a “priss,” but the things that they would say and think it was completely fine. Sadly to say, it’s because they were raised by nannies that weren’t allowed to discipline. Their fathers always gone on business trips, etc. God knew where their mother’s were. They raised themselves in barbaric ways.

Anyway, I’m always telling the kids to look people in the eye when speaking to them, smile, answer them when they ask you a question, etc. I’m so relieved my son has his father as an example the proper way to treat women. (and everyone) And my daughter to have enough respect for herself to never allow others to treat her that way.

4. Beth

I watched this sick thing elsewhere. I agree, the reporter was amazing in the face of this disgusting display. It will only get better when a few scarier people than this brave woman stand up and tell idiots like these about themselves.

I often thought, as I watched this, that I was lucky I wasn’t there or it wasn’t my wife or daughter who took this abuse because I probably would have been arrested.

5. Mindy

GROSS. I’m glad she actually stopped to say something. Seriously, if those were my children, I would pull a momma from Baltimore and pull him away from those people while slapping him upside the head.

6. joylovestravel

Total respect for the reporter – she was amazing. What kind of mother would laugh at this – certainly not mine and nor would I if they belonged to me. Disgusting and pathetic creatures.

This group of guys… what a blight on humanity. Alcohol the blame? I think not. Nothing between the ears? Likely, but again, still no excuse. Walking mindlessly about in public with too much time on their hands? They should be doing time, and they certainly didn’t deserve to be running free, unless it was open season on the asinine!

8. edwinasepisodes

What appalling, crass idiots they are! I really admire the reporter for trying to take them to task. It is a shame they were too infantile to be ashamed of themselves. As for the ‘security guard’ what an imbecile he is! The whole lot of them could do with learning a bit of respect towards women, Disgusting,

I couldn’t agree more. At least the guy talking to the reported lost his six figure job over this and it was well deserved. Maybe he’ll learn respect the hard way.

9. Pingback: Free-For-All Friday #11 | Edwina's Episodes

When this was going around Facebook, I was appalled. I cannot understand how this type of thing becomes “a thing” in the first place. Good for you for shining a spotlight on it so that you could show your disgust.